Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Mineola Middle School
Saturday, March 10, 2018 Setup Time:
8:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Sarah Ahmed - invitation signed.
Delia Steiner - invitation signed.
Michael Touma - invitation signed.
Jamie Valentino - invitation signed.
Jack Sargeant - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We are studying, engineering , design, and sciences.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
" When you fall down, get right back up again."Why we think we should win:
We should win because we worked on this machine for 5 months. We also surpass the minimal amount of steps needed to qualify. This also may be our last Rube Goldberg. And we want to meet Dude Perfect.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
We think it should be tying a knot.Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
The name of our team is Kid Perfect. We created the idea of time trial relay races for a competition of the cereals. Our name and host was inspired by the youtube channel, DUDE PERFECT. We dress in our team colors, and have a team leader and a mascot. We are racing Honey Nut Cheerios and Cocoa Puffs. Also we have a reporter calling the action. We have 19 steps in our machine. A majority of the structures built are made of wood. But we do have a cardboard tube that connects the middle and end sections of our machine.
Our Step List
1. Person pulls string to start fan
2. Fan blows “ship” down track
3. “Ship” hits small ball on edge of track
4. Small ball rolls down mini ramp
5. Small ball falls and hit 4 big balls
6. Big balls travel down zig zag track
7. At end of track big balls hit leaning block
8. Block falls causing domino reaction
9. Last block has pin which pops balloon
10. Balls fall out of balloon and fall into green bin
11. Green bin falls pulling rope with a block on the other side
12. Balls are released down another zig zag track
13. At the end there is another ball waiting and it falls down mini track
14. All balls go down big tube
15. Balls hit domino which falls
16. Hits smaller balls
17. Triggers domino with rope to fall
18. Milk block flips causing milk to go into a bowl
19. As the milk flips the cereal is pulled down into the bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos