Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Purdue Engineering Student Council
Saturday, February 17, 2018 Setup Time:
6:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Travis Brubaker - invitation signed.
Zoe Sherer - invitation signed.
Steven Clair - invitation signed.
Cassidy Paulk - invitation signed.
Bryce Rosich - invitation signed.
Cole Vick - invitation signed.
Kyer Kneifel - invitation signed.
Matthew Higbie - invitation signed.
Caleb Hepner - invitation signed.
Tristan Lane - invitation sent
What we're studying:
We're studying electricity and welding. The safe the operation of power tools. We are practicing team work to achieve a common goal. Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"We have too many balls" Why we think we should win:
We think we should would win because we worked hard to construct our machine.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Next year's task could be throwing the trash out.
The machine's theme is centered around DC comic book characters. The purpose of the machine is to pour a bowl of cereal.
Our Step List
1. Book opens
2. String connected to book pulls arm
3. Arm connected to string swings forward
4. Arm hits dominoes
5. Dominoes fall
6. Dominoes fall on air compressor
7. Air compressor pushes out air
8. Rocket fills with air
9. Rocket flies
10. Airborne rocket hits target
11. Target falls
12. Target hits mousetrap
13. Mousetrap is triggered
14. String connected to mousetraps is pulled
15. Door connected to string pulls upwards
16. Golf ball falls down incline
17. Golf-ball hits board
18. Board hits other golf-ball
19. Golf-ball goes down rams
20. Golf-ball hits switch
21. Motor turns on
22. Balls falls down ram and goes into tube
23. Ball falls into box
24. Box triggers teeter totter
25. Teeter totter raises pole
26. Pole hits ball
27. Ball rolls down the pipes
28. Ball rolls through ramps
29. Ball hits the lever
30. Lever hits next ball (Repeats x4)
31. Last ball goes down ramp
32. ball activates the train
33. train rolls down the track
34.train hits the lever
35. lever activates the pulley
36. pulley hits the magnet
37. magnet activates the newtons cradle
38. the newtons cradle hits the pool ball
39 the pool ball pulls on the string
40. the string pulls out clamp and drops ball
41. the ball spins down the pole
42. the ball hits a lever
43. the lever activates the ball bearing
44. the ball bearing falls down plinco machine
45. the ball connects circuit
46. the circuit activates the motor
47. the motor pulls the cap off the milk
48. the milk and cereal pour into the bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos