Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Society of Women Engineers - Baltimore Washington
Saturday, January 20, 2018 Setup Time:
9:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Bryce Bathras - invitation signed.
Molly Goldstein - invitation signed.
Emma O\'Brien - invitation signed.
Emma Szympruch - invitation signed.
Aara Kuehl - invitation sent
Isha Santhosh - invitation sent
Jessica Langsdale - invitation signed.
Grace Yun - invitation sent
Construction workers take a brake.
Our Step List
1. Crank pulls string
2. String retracts lever to release car
3. Car rolls down ramp and into bucket
4. Bucket tied to pulley string drops under weight of car
5. Other end of pulley string goes up lifting one end of a ramp
6. Opposite (down) side of ramp pushes one end of see-saw down
7. Other end of see-saw goes up and hits a cup of marbles that fall into a funnel and then into a bucket
8. Bucket tied to pulley string drops under weight of marbles
9. Other end of pulley string goes up lifting one end of a ramp and releasing a car
10. Car goes down ramp and hits a can, releasing the can to go down the "ski lift" conveyor
11. The weight of the can moving on the conveyor causes the opposite side of the conveyor to move up
12. A dowel is attached to the rising side of the "ski lift" conveyor
13. The dowel pushes a metal rod and knocks the metal rod over
14. When the metal rod falls, it all two guide rails to properly align
15. When the guide rails properly align, a razor blade scraper drops down the vertical guides
16. The falling razor blade snaps an elastic band
17. When the elastic band breaks, a car that was connected to the elastic by a paper clip is released
18. The car rides down a ramp hitting a brush
19. The brush swings, knocking over a cup of marbles
20. The marbles are released into a series of switchback ramps
21. Movement of ping pong ball at the end of the ramp is initiated by the marbles
22. The ping pong balls initiates the toppling of a series of wooden blocks
23. When the last wooden block falls it releases a string that is hanging over a pulley
24. The other end of the string is holding up a box that is attached to a pivot, and when the string is releases the box pivots clockwise releasing cereal into a bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos