Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Thursday, January 01, 1970 Setup Time:
12:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Johanna Barlow - invitation signed.
Josiah Barlow - invitation signed.
Anneliese Schideman - invitation signed.
Anna Poetzel - invitation signed.
Mya Berkey - invitation signed.
Katie Birchenough - invitation signed.
Stephen White - invitation signed.
Ethan Nurmi - invitation signed.
Jack Boesch - invitation signed.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Our machine will work when pigs fly"Why we think we should win:
we should win because we literally made a pig fly...
We have put our time, our energy, and our hearts fully into this pigtastic machine. Over the course of this year of Rube, we have grown in our friendships with one another, our creativity, and, most of all, our patience. We are beyond grateful to have the opportunity to learn and make memories together as a team. #teampigSuggestion for next year's challenge:
Untieing a shoelace
Where does bacon come from you ask? Well, do we have a hog wild story for you...
Our Step List
1. Marble falls into a cup
2. Cup pulls L Brace
3. Brace drops pendulum
4. Pendulum whacks pig monster truck.
5. Monster truck hits the pig
6. Pig knocks over a building
7. Building releases pin
8. in releases ramp
9. Car rolls down the ramp and hits a support beam
10. Beam swings and hits highway
11. Pigs exit highway ramp and land in the bucket
12. Bucket releases croquet hammer
13. Hammer hits ball
14. Ball pushes dummy
15. Dummy releases battery
16. battery triggers catapult
17. Catapult throws pig into the net
18. Net collapses and hits lever
19. Lever hits marble
20. Marble goes into the bucket
21. Bucket string starts a relay race
22. Final passing of the baton
23. Baton sends pig flying into a column
24. Column falls, tipping scales
25. Scale swings into the squwheel of fortune
26. the squwheel of fortune releases pig carriage
27. Pig carriage descends into a parking garage
28. Pig pushes button to exit an elevator
29. Conveyor belt rolls pig turning it into meat slabs
30. The meat falls into a cup
31. releasing Pig in the blanket
32. Pig in the blanket Bumps into a spoon
33. Spoon Slams into the meat tenderizer which rolls down the ramp
34. Meat tenderizer Hits a flagpole
35. Flag pole hits a fat injector
36. The fat injector injects bacon and Hits teeter-totter
37. Teeter totter releases the pig rolls
38. Rolls triggers a pressure plate
39. Pressure plate releases slingshot
40. Slingshot hits knife
41. Knife drops shelf to salt bacon and pulls string
42. Bacon string (marble) falls onto a fast transport system
43. FTS releases bacon onto scales to be weighed
44. Scales put bacon on a shelf
45. Shelves knock pole over
46. Pole sends shopping cart flying
47. Cart hits candy pole
48. Candy pole falls, releasing a weight
49. Weight pulls up a billboard
50. Billboard hits a shopping cart
51. Cart rolls down into the cart parking station
52. Cart parking station hits shelves
53. Shelves hit a stick
54. Stick flips a frying pan
55. Frying pan knocks over the cup
56. Cup Pulls clock down
57. Clock pulls out peg, Releasing table
58. Table spins Hitting the T
59. The spinning T Pulls block off stand
60. Stand falling pulls doorknob
61. Doorknob pulls oven door open
62. Bacon in the oven falls out and hits a cup
63. Cups hit bookshelf over
64. Bookshelf hits mouse trap
65. Mousetrap knocks down kitchen table
66. Bacon slides down table pushing down teeter totter
67. Teeter totter knocks a battery
68. Battery triggers coin *END*
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos