Zip A Zipper
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
This was an after school project not a class project.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
We need more duct tape.Why we think we should win:
We worked hard for the contest. We came before, during and after school and even on the weekend to work on the project.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Turn on a CD player.
This project was made by the Lopez Engineers of Lopez Middle School. We proudly present our Rube Goldberg machine to the Rube Goldberg Challenge of 2014
Our Step List
1. We introduce a dollar into an improvised ATM machine made out of Lego.
2. The Lego machine knocks out a hammer which hammers a nail.
3. The nail pops a water balloon which releases a golf ball through a PVC pipe.
4. The golf ball triggers a box that pushes a straw.
5. The straw pushes the dominoes.
6. The dominoes set a Lego structure.
7. The Lego structure triggers a metal zip line provided by IGUS.
8. The metal zip line set up some Lego structures.
9. The Lego structures let go a zip line.
10. A motion sensor senses the structure on the zip line and moves the trigger of the RC Car controller
11. The RC car gets activated and accelerates in a track and gets hooked to the zipper zipping it.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos