Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Hoffman Estates High School
Saturday, February 23, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Apprentice - Ages 8 - 11 (Elementary School)
Niko Belesiotis - invitation sent
Leslie Carrera-Jimenez - invitation sent
Jaden Castro - invitation sent
Damian Garibay - invitation sent
Wyatt Harvey - invitation sent
Alyssa Hernandez - invitation signed.
Lakshmi Jibi - invitation signed.
Ellery Leibman - invitation signed.
Isaiah Luellen - invitation signed.
Jacob Pastrana - invitation opened.
Isabella Proszek - invitation sent
Suleyka Suri - invitation signed.
Aisha Syed - invitation signed.
Sireen Zaiter - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We've been learning about the six simple machines and how they do work.
Our machine secures a coin in a vault to protect it from the thieves trying to steal it.
Our Step List
1. Drop a marble onto a race track and it falls into a funnel.
2. Marble goes through the funnel and lands in a tube.
3. Marble travels through the tube
4. Marble runs down a race track
5. Marble strikes a domino
6. Domino strikes other dominoes, causing a chain reaction
7. Final domino bumps into a ping pong ball
8. Ping pong ball goes down a racetrack and falls into a cup
9. The cup drops, pulling a second ping pong ball up a pulley.
10. The second ping pong ball strikes a marble sending it down an inclined plane
11. At the end of the inclined plane, the marble hits another marble attached to a string and small wedge.
12. The marble on the string falls down, causing the wedge to fall out releasing the coin down the inclined plane into the bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos