Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Engineering Open House
Friday, March 08, 2019 Setup Time:
7:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Davis Parks - invitation signed.
Alyssa Bilski - invitation signed.
Jizelle Torres - invitation signed.
Crystal Bereckis - invitation signed.
Pavani Jairam - invitation signed.
Alexis Huerta - invitation signed.
Alexis Yacobucci - invitation signed.
George Espinoza - invitation signed.
Hannah Khan - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
physicsOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
Our machine is about musicians coming to New York to perform the most American art: jazz. After arriving at Ellis Island, we travel across the river to visit the famous American monuments including the Freedom Tower, Empire State Building, Bank of America Tower and Chrysler Building. We perform at each, collecting change from the pedestrians during our street-jazz escapades.
Our Step List
1. A golf ball is released
2. The golf ball hits the switch to the power strip
3. The lights and hair dryer turn on
4. The boat is pushed across water
5. A magnet pulls the boat to the end of the water
6. The boat knocks down a tower, releasing a weight
7. The weight pulls on a pulley, releasing a stick from the top of the first tower
8. An orange ball is released and rolls down two wooden tracks
9. It presses a lever
10. The lever moves a marble which rolls down the same track
11. The marble goes into a cup, altering the angle of a track
12. Three more marbles fall into a funnel, run down a path and fall onto a Popsicle stick
13. The Popsicle stick causes a weight to fall from the tower
14. The weight will fall, tugging on a pulley
15. The pulley raises a water bottle into the air
16. The water will fall through a tube and into another cup
17. Once heavy enough, the cup will tilt on a lever, releasing a truck
18. The truck will hit another piece of wood, pulling a string
19. The string will pull down a piece of wood with King Kong depicted
20. This will cause 3 more flaps of wood to flip down
21. The final piece will yank out a barrier from an above track
22. The barrier will cause a marble to fall down the track, through a piece of Plexiglas, in a tube and into a cup
23. The cup will cause a lever to swing
24. This will hit another lever causing it to swing
25. This will hit a marble into a labyrinth
26. The marble will knock down a bouncy ball
27. The bouncy ball will cause a wedged cup to fall
28. The cup will yank on a pulley, removing a barrier with a marble and a string with a ping pong ball
29. The marble will fall into a K’nex piece, releasing several coins into a cup
30. The ping pong ball will hit a Popsicle stick, releasing a car
31. The car will hit a lever, releasing a box
32. The box will pull away a domino that’s blocking a golf ball
33. The golf ball will fall onto a platform on the truck
34. This will cause the cup with the coins to flip over, releasing the coins into the piggy bank
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos