Erase A Chalkboard
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
Physical Science, Chemistry, War and Peace, Beekeeping, and so much more!Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
The greatest sign of success for a teacher is to be able to say, \"The children now work as if I did not exist.\" - Dr. Maria MontessoriWhy we think we should win:
We had fun learning all about machines and figuring out how best to work together to make this happen.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Plant a flower seed in a pot of dirtFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Welcome to the MMSK Rube Goldberg 2015!!
Our Step List
1. A student starts the black ball rolling down an inclined plane. The pressure from the weight of the ball turns on the radio, flip over the sign, and starts the basketball rolling.
2. The black ball hits the train button, turning it on and making it start moving on the track
3. The basketball continues rolling and hits the orange ball
4. The orange ball rolls off the table causing the mallet which was attached to the ball to fall off the table
5. The mallet then bumps the yellow ball which rolls into the orange striped ball.
6. The orange striped ball rolls off of the table releasing the croquet mallet
7. The croquet mallet spins around and hits the book which has erasers taped onto it
8. The book/erasers slide down the chalkboard erasing the chalkboard
9. Meanwhile the train comes to the end of the track and falls off the table
10. A sign is released by the train falling down past the poll holding the sign...which reads \" Erased\"
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos