Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Genesis: Pathways to Success
Saturday, March 09, 2019 Setup Time:
8:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Curtis Beal - invitation signed.
Ryan Krohn - invitation signed.
Wesley Krohn - invitation signed.
Ronnie Warner - invitation signed.
Emily Meyer - invitation signed.
Lain Goewert - invitation signed.
Nathan Champion - invitation signed.
Seth Weisenbach - invitation opened.
Jacob Garrett - invitation signed.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
What's wrong now?Why we think we should win:
We have the steps baby!Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Pulling a tooth.
Our machine uses the simple pieces that are also used in the monopoly game that are incorporated into the action steps needed to place a dollar inserted into the money machine and cross the various properties, railroads, jail, etc.... finally into the bank. The money saved was quite an effort!
Our Step List
Place coins in the chute to activate
1. Coin drops in cup pulling string
2. String pulls Stick releasing nail
3. Nail follows the trail popping balloon
4. Deflated balloon allows board to drop releasing Bearing
5. Bearing rolls into cup raising hinge that releases string
6. released string allows stick to force down string holding wood frame
7. wood frame falls pulling down wood gate holding bearing
8. Bearing rolls down bridge into plastic container raising stick
9. stick is raised releasing the string holding the yardstick
10. the string allows the yardstick to drop across string releasing baseball
11. Baseball hits wire lampshade support
12. wire lampshade support swivels pulling down wood piece supporting board
13. Boards drops and pulls out piece supporting bat
14. Bat drops pushing on string
15. string pulls the chest open releasing the cache of brass
16. Brass releases and hits dinosaur game piece.
17. Dinosaur pushes Wood pivot lever
18. Wood pivot Lever pulls string releasing bearing
19. Weight rolls into cup releasing rubber band shooter
20. rubber band shooter knocks off magnet supporting weight
21. Weight falls into container
22.Weight pulls up stick and releases lever.
23. Lever hits stop holding turning device
24. Turning device pulls out spike support
25. Spike falls onto rope.
26. Rope pulls up hinge supporting string
27. released string caused stick to drop
28. Dropped stick allows bearing to move
29. ball rolls into and Ladle pulls down releasing other ball
30. Ball falls into other ladle pushing out other ball resting on ledge
31. Drops ball into Ladle drops, lifts weight off
32. Pivot action drops bean bag
33. bean bag drops on platform
34. Platform rises pulling off washer support
35. Bat is released - hits string
36. String pulls out dowel rod from hole
37. Allows PVC pipe to swivel
38. PVC moves allowing wood piece to hit string
39. wood piece pulls string tilting tube holding bearings
40. released bearings hit coffee container
41. this forces the meat fork to release golf ball
42. golf ball hit cup which tilts
43. tilting allows the gate to open for car
44. car travel to the stop stick
45. the stop stick is hit and the stick is released xx
46. the stick allows the thimble to drop
47. the thimble lands on board raising washer
48. the supported board is released
49. The released board also releases the hammer
50. Hammer hits platform forcing down nail with magnet in car
51. magnet disengages truck
52. truck hits domino hotel
53. hotel turns pivot releasing golden hopper
54. golden hopper pulls string
55. string pulls out nail releasing bearing/marbles
56. marbles drop into cup
57. cup draws down opening gate for ball
58. ball rolls down and hits wooden set holding arm
59. arm drops pulling out wedge
60. wedge allows golden wheel to roll
61. rolls into set stick holding PVC platform
62. PVC platform drops releasing tennis ball
63. tennis ball hits book
64. book hits flat plywood pulling string
65. string pulls down pvc holding bearings
66. bearings land in cup pulling string holding wood dowel rod
67. rod released allow ball down tube
68. ball hits cup pulling bicycle wheel around
69. string on wheel pulls out rod with magnet
70. magnet pulls from washer
71. releasing hammer that hits platform
72. platform drops releasing ball
73. ball rolls down hitting set piece on bicycle wheel
74. bicycle wheel throws coin into trough
75. trough catches coin and guides it to the opening where the gravity feeds the pig!
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos