Put Money in a Piggy Bank
San Bernardino County Rube Goldberg Contest (Elementary Division)
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Apprentice - Ages 8 - 11 (Elementary School)
Serenity Bustamante - invitation signed.
Camila Hernandez - invitation signed.
Emily Truett - invitation signed.
Riley Barbosa - invitation signed.
Steve Sanchez-Fuentes - invitation signed.
Adrian Ureno-Reyes - invitation signed.
Sherleen Ruiz - invitation signed.
Aubryana Hernandez - invitation signed.
Jasmine Gutierrez - invitation signed.
Laila Woods - invitation signed.
Myers Student - invitation opened.
Our machine is a mix of recycled and donated materials. We used, wood, cardboard, Legos, and glue to create simple machines.
Our Step List
1. A golf ball rolls down an incline plane
2. The ball falls to a lever which redirects the ball to a tube
3. The ball falls into a cup, starting the pulley system
4. The pulley system goes up causing the dog to slide down the incline plane
5. This activates another pulley system
6. The system hits a cup causing marbles to fall into a tube
7. The marbles roll down the tube to hit a ball on a screw
8. The ball will knock over a cup
9. The cup will hit the blocks starting a domino reaction
10. The blocks will pull a string which releases the coins from a pocket
11. The coins will roll down an incline plane into the piggy bank
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos