Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Lower Hudson Valley Engineering Expo
Sunday, April 15, 2018 Setup Time:
9:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Elijah Lambert - invitation signed.
Fatima Aliamer - invitation signed.
Somadina Egbuna - invitation signed.
Makayla Jefferies - invitation sent
Anthony Thomas - invitation sent
Tajjuddin Mu\'Min - invitation signed.
Originally inspired by Tom and Jerry, this machine features a mouse trap and mouse hole in the wall hiding a bowl of cereal
Our Step List
1. Press the Spring Launcher.
2. Spring Launcher launches the truck.
3. Truck rolls along the ramp and hits the ball.
4. Ball goes through the tube and sets off the mouse trap
5. Mouse trap pushes a new ball.
6. Ball goes along a ramp and down a pipe and hits a sea-saw
7. The sea-saw flips a blue cart up in the air
8. Blue Cart hits a new ball
9. New ball rolls down the ramp into dominos
10. Dominos fall and pull and releases a ball
11. Ball hits a catapult
12. Catapult flips up and throws a bouncy ball.
13. Bouncy ball hits the flat board
14. Flat board hits k'nex swivel
15. Swivel releases mass from ceiling
16. Mass falls on lever
17. Lever pulls block from next ramp (on green board)
18. Block releases ball down sets of ramps
19. Ball rolls and hit board.
20. Board moves and pulls the pulley
21. Pulley moves a blocking board
22. Blocking board releases a truck
23. Truck pulls a string
24. Pulled string releases flap
25. Cereal falls out
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos