Apply A BAND-AID®
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
EngineeringOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
"If you are having a bad day today, don't focus to hard on it because tomorrow may always be better in the end."Why we think we should win:
We should win because we worked very hard to finish this project and had to deal with many issues concerning our group and project. ( That's an argumentive fallacy by the way. Effort doesn't merit reward. ;) )Suggestion for next year's challenge:
We think next year the challenge should be blow a bubble.
The machine comprises of a "maze/pingpong-type" of platform that then goes through a series of contraptions like strings and rails to ultimately apply the band-aid.
Our Step List
1. The ball gets hit by a human.
2. The ball hits a path and rolls on it.
3-8 .The ball hits a wall.
9. The ball falls and pulls a string.
10. The string releases a ball.
11. The ball hits a platform.
12. The platfrom hits another and another gulfball rolls down a path.
13-15. The gulfball hits a rail.
16. The gulfball hits the gandola.
17. The gandola rolls down a string.
18. The gandola hits a gulfball.
19. The gulfball falls down.
20. The gulfball applies the band-aid.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos