Apply A BAND-AID®
North Cedar Academy
Friday, March 03, 2017 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
Team building and how to work together to get a bandaide on Superman.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
Be nice to nerds, some day you will work for one. Why we think we should win:
Our machine has the most original steps in it with superheros. What super hero needs a band aide?Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Cut a piece of paper into a square or a star.
Like in many superhero movies and in our Rube Goldberg machine, the foundation of a scene, or the start of the machine, is set through the music (Start machine).In our machine, batman starts his descent with his motorcycle that takes him for a ride like a movie’s soundboard through its tracks, but you’ll have trouble if you stop there. That’s why you need lever-age over the rest of idea crew to get the ball rolling and funnel their ideas together, which will roll up into a great script unless they drop the ball. But if you lose your marbles, it’s time to mechanize and motor through, but not too hard otherwise you kick into the bucket and break the chain and descend down into hulk-a-mania. Those like hulk here, can have strong input, especially on a lever, and could knock down the best ideas from the sky high idea team, but you gotta stay out of that trap, and rise above. After you release your ideas, their momentum increases, like spiderman’s on the fly, and your ideas will catch onto your finished script! Of course some stuff gets caught in the safety net, and afterwards you trap your actors in a legally binding contract and then release them like Captain America’s shield, except the band actors are only released on set. After the camera stops rolling and all the filming is knocked down, out of the way, you can switch on the editing crew to power through the electrifying scenes, knock out some unnecessary detail, and hammer out the finished product. With the aid of a band of producers, advertiser, etc. you can have a great superhero movie that will fly to NO. 1 at the box office in no time.
Our Step List
Rube Goldberg Energy Transfer list Neillsville.
Superhero to the Rescue
1. Press play on Phone
2. Speaker kicks ball out of cone
3. Ball hits Batman’s motorcycle
4. Motorcycle hits a lever
5. Lever hits a ball and it rolls down a track
6. Ball hits a small motor
7. Motor falls into a cup moving a chain
8. Chain pulls up on a barrier
9. Barrier lets the the Hulk car roll down a ramp
10. The Hulk car hits a small building
11. Building falls on a teeter totter
12. Teeter Totter lifts another building
13. Building falls on a mouse trap
14. Mouse trap pulls a paper clip off a zip line
15. Spiderman slides down the zip line hitting a string
16. The string pulls on a magnet
17. The magnet releases Spiderman from the side of a building
18. Spider man falls onto an awning on the side of the building.
19. The awning falls pulling a lever on a mouse trap
20. The mouse trap pulls on Captain America’s arm
21. Captain America throws his shield
22. The Captain America’s shield rolls down the ramp (applying a band aide)
23. The shield hits Spiderman's 4 wheeler
24. The 4 wheeler flips forward hitting a switch
25. The switch turns on a motor
26. The motor turns the Hulk
27. The Hulk punches Thor’s Hammer
28. Thor's Hammer falls applying the band aide to Superman
29. Superman flies forward with the band aide on his back.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos