Open An Umbrella
Wisconsin High School Rube Goldberg Machine Contest
Friday, March 04, 2016 Setup Time:
7:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
We are studying free fall. A free falling object is an object that is falling under the sole influence of gravity. Any object that is being acted upon only by the force of gravity is said to be in a state of free fall. All free-falling objects do not encounter air resistance and all free-falling objects (on Earth) accelerate downwards at a rate of 9.8 m/s^2.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
Why we think we should win:
We believe we should win because we are a group of friends, classmates, and teammates who believe in the power of teamwork and hardwork. We put a lot of effort into the making of our Rube Goldberg Machine. We believe we have what it takes to win because we strive for perfection and we won't stop until the job is done. Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our Step List
1. Knock down the dominoes and hit the cup (A) with weight.
2. The cup with weight falls down and push the ball.
3. The ball hits the dominoes.
4. The dominoes hit the washer.
5. The washer pulls the string and makes the nut attached with clip bag moves through the zipline.
6. The nut attached with clip bag hits the marble A.
7. The marble A pushes the stick.
8. The stick hits the marble A.
9. The marble A moves and rotates the wheel.
10. The wheel hits the marble A.
11. The cup (A) hits the marble B.
12. The marble B moves the car.
13. The car hits the stick.
14. The stick pushes the marble C.
15. The marble C makes the car moving.
16. The marble A rolls and hits the needle attached at the end of the crayon.
17. The marble D hits the car.
19. The marble falls down into the trap.
20. The trap pulls the string and opens the umbrella.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos