Apply A BAND-AID®
Black & Veatch
Saturday, March 04, 2017 Setup Time:
7:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
We just finished studying force, motion and simple machines. We have moved into studying astronomy.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Think backwards! Use the Force!Why we think we should win:
We have an awesome machine that we created in 5 afternoons after school. We are very proud of our collaboration. Everyone has a machine or transfer represented. We also love how our story combines all the Star Wars sagas into one epic machine!
Our machine takes you a long time ago to a galaxy far, far away. We have a Star Wars adventure waiting for you. You will see light saber liquid travel down a tube. You will see the Millennium Falcon travel through hyperspace. And eventually a U-wing is repaired with a Band-aid.
Our Step List
1. Pour water into the tube.
2. Water goes into the can and lever is activated.
3. Lever hits the car sending it down a ramp.
4. Car hits a tin with weights on it.
5. Weight pull down releasing the golf ball.
6. Golf ball rolls and hits the cup.
7. Cup releases the weights on the tinker toy.
8. The tinker toy swings down and hits a cup.
9. The cup falls pulling a string to send a car down the ramp.
10. The car hits the block.
11. The block hits a marble sending it down the marble tunnel.
12 The marble hits the tennis ball sending it down the ramp.
13. The tennis ball hits a cup.
14. The cup falls over releasing the car.
15. The car goes down the ramp hitting the mousetrap.
16. The mousetrap is released, putting the band-aid on the U-wing.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos