Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Lia Wagner - invitation signed.
Madison Wright - invitation signed.
Rylie Weber - invitation signed.
Cade Machin - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
In our Talented and Gifted class, we are working on problem-solving and engineering. Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Enough with the cat videos. Why we think we should win:
We've taken some risky steps, like marbles flying through the air. Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Hit a golfball into a hole.
Alex is a student staying up late watching her favorite show, T.A.G. Broadcast. When she gets the late night munchies she starts up the Rube Goldberg machine she had set up earlier that night.
In a short while, she has a bowl of cereal to snack on.
Our Step List
1. Remote attached to pulley gets thrown down
2. Cup also attached to pulley goes up
3. Track vibrates and ball rolls down track
4. Ball falls into strainer
5. Strainer swings
6. Strainer hits books in domino affect
7. Last book pulls string
8. String releases marbles
9. Marbles roll down marble track
10. Human Assist* Pull string
11. String releases marbles
12. Marbles roll down marble track
13. Marbles fall into cup
14. Cup attached to pulley goes down
15. Cereal box attached to pulley goes up and pours cereal
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos