Put Money in a Piggy Bank
San Bernardino County Rube Goldberg Contest (High School Division)
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Brett Valentine - invitation signed.
Elizabeth Tincknell - invitation signed.
Juan Fuentes - invitation signed.
Asher Richards - invitation sent
Chandler Brown - invitation sent
Connor Rudolph - invitation signed.
Cesar Garcia - invitation signed.
Robert Hernandez - invitation sent
The machine will explain the journey to Mars.
Our Step List
A string is pulled.
1. The pulled string releases a slide
2. The released slide allows a cup of marbles to drop into a music machine.
3. The music machine releases a pin that allows a car to roll.
4. The car rolls down a road and pushes a marble into a marble run tower.
5. The top marble in the tower drops into a falling cup.
6. The falling cup pulls on a rack.
7. The moving rack causes a pinon to lower a flag.
8. The lowered flag releases a rocket to travel to the other side.
9. The rocket impacts a flap system upon reaching the other side
10. The flap system pulls a latch releasing a marble.
11. The marble rolls down a ramp into a lever that falls.
12. The falling lever triggers a marble launcher.
13. The launched marble knocks over dominoes that increase in size.
14. The large domino falls on a seesaw.
15. The rising end of the seesaw triggers a cannon.
16. The launched ball from the cannon hits a target.
17. The target releases a newtons cradle.
18. The newtons cradle starts an inverted marble run.
19. The top marble from the marble run pushes a hammer that falls.
20. The falling hammer hits a lever.
21. The lever pulls on a string attached to a catch
22. The pulled catch releases a physics book.
23. The falling book compresses a respirator on impact.
24. The air from the respirator blows a cup.
25. The flying cup pulls a string that releases a latch.
26. The released latch allows a coin to roll down a ramp into the piggy bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos