Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Suggestion for next year's challenge:
We think that the next year's competition should be taping a ripped piece of paper. This will not only improve the mind of the children or adults, but be a challenge to them. They will find this hard, yet really fun.
This is our 6th, 7th, and 8th grade science team. So we are so excited to show you what we've done. We have the prop dog that moves that wipe container. The wipes move and release the toy car. The toy car moves forward and lifts down the ball. The weighing ball falls down onto the switch and turns on the fan. The fan starts spinning and pulling the bunch of pencils while the car releases. Then, the car pushes the metal wheel which hits the cylinder. The cylinder hits the wooden wheel which hits the metal ball and falls off. The ball rolls and makes a chain reaction, and the ball falls off the end of the track then pushes off the ball bearings from the window. While falling steel spheres, pull down cylinder 2. The cylinder and string pulls the lever releasing the ball then falls. While the ball is falling it pushes down the pulley cup lifting the cereal box.
Our Step List
1. The dog rolls froward-> moves wipes
2. The wipes move ]-> releases car
3. car move froward-> lifts down the ball
4. Ball falling on switch-> turns on the fan
5. fan spin pulling the pencil->releases car
6. car pushes metal wheel -> metal wheel hits cylinder
7. cylinder hits wooden wheel -> wooden wheel turns and releases ball
8. ball rolls -> begins magnetic chain reaction
9. ball at end falls off track -> pushes ball bearings off window
10. falling steel spheres -> pull down cylinder
11. cylinder/string -> pulls lever releasing ball
12. falling -> pushes down pulley cup lifting cereal box
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos