Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Shia Dillard-Mixon - invitation sent
Kaia Dillard-Mixon - invitation sent
Isaiah Stewart - invitation sent
Gervaun Siler - invitation sent
Rylee Hale - invitation signed.
Maryann Centeno - invitation signed.
Onyekachi Okafor - invitation sent
Nia Price - invitation signed.
Gervaun Siler - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We we're studying how pulleys function.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Our Team Leader's favorite quote is "Everything is hard before it's easy!" by Goethe J.WWhy we think we should win:
We think we should win because we worked hard and never gave up. We also attempted not to use the domino effect through out the whole machine. Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Our suggestion for next years task is to open a door.Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
This is the science team representing Patriot Preparatory Academy. We are proud to give you the demonstration for our machine. So we have our machine "School Yard Cereal Style". We have to tell you that there are 11 steps from what we know. This is a group of 4-6th graders and 3-7th graders. So we are so excited to show you our machine. We have been working forever on this.
Our Step List
1. one of the team members moves a wooden stick > releases car
2. car move forward > lifts down the ball
3. ball falling on switch > turns on the fan
4. fan spin pulling the pencil > releases car
5. car pushes metal wheel > metal wheel hits cylinder
6. cylinder hits wooden wheel > wooden wheel turns and releases ball
7. ball rolls > begins magnetic chain reaction
8. ball at end falls off track > pushes ball bearings off window
9. falling steel spheres > pull down cylinder
10. cylinder/string > pulls lever releasing ball
11. falling > pushes down pulley cup lifting cereal box
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos