Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Apprentice - Ages 8 - 11 (Elementary School)
Justin Taylor - invitation signed.
McKenna Donahue - invitation signed.
Mary Martyn - invitation signed.
Ruby Rinehart - invitation signed.
Kiera Qureshi - invitation signed.
Eli Parker - invitation signed.
Clark Ehman - invitation signed.
Matteo DiNunzio - invitation signed.
Irmak Kucukaksoy - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Students studied the different types of simple machines. We also discussed recycling and used materials that were recyclable for the majority of our project. Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!---Ms. Fizzle Why we think we should win:
We think that we should win this competition because we spent a lot of time on this project, worked as a team, never gave in when things were tough,and persevered through all the challenges along the way. One challenge was, our original plan did not go as expected, so we had to make further adjustments. Another challenge we had to face as a team was, adjusting measurements. We also think we should win this competition because we used our time wisely. After four months of hard work, we've come up with our final project.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Flip a Pancake Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Four our project we used lots of scrap wood, cardboard, funnels and play-doh. We used a pencil, dixie cup, and pieces of wood to make a see-saw. We also used a cup and play-doh to make a weight. We used a lot of hot glue and screws to attach our pieces. That is some of the stuff we used.
Our Step List
1. Push car into marbles
2. Marbles roll down the board onto the ramp
3. Marbles roll down ramp
4. Marbles roll into funnel and down the tube
5. Marbles roll into plastic cup
6. Marbles push on flip on the bottom of the cup and roll out
7. Marbles hit the large ball, pushing over cardboard divider
8. Large ball rolls down ramp
9. Large ball hits weight
10. The weight falls over pulling string attached to cardboard divider
11. Cardboard divider comes off the ramp releasing ball
12. Ball rolls down the ramp
13. Ball hits the end of the see-saw and bounces onto ramp
14. Ball rolls down the ramp
15. Ball bounces off of the board
16. Ball pulls cardboard plug out of funnel releasing cereal and pulls cup with milk
17. Milk and cereal run down the ramps into the bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos