Pour A Bowl of Cereal
University of Wisconsin- Stout
Friday, March 02, 2018 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Jasmine Bylander - invitation signed.
Ellie Funk - invitation signed.
Carson Heath - invitation signed.
Tanner Luhman - invitation sent
Jessica Martin - invitation signed.
Tayler Whipple - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Energy transfer, forces, simple/complex machinesOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature." -Grey's AnatomyWhy we think we should win:
We have worked hard despite having numerous interruptions (snow days, field trips, etc). We have only spent about a month total working on our machine. We wish we could have had more time, however, because of these interruptions, we haven't been able to.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Take a pictureFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our theme is "Clue". We have included the Ballroom, Conservatory, the Study, and the Kitchen into our machine. Our characters are based off of popular cereal characters (Buzz the Cheerios Honey Bee, Tucan Sam, Tony the Tiger, Trix the Rabbit, Lucky, and Mini Wheats).
We have an "L" shaped machine that will be sitting on a table top. It is approximately 3ft x 2ft on one side of the "L" and 3ft x 2ft on the other. It also sits about 2 ft off the table.
Our Step List
1. Push down on lever to release the car
2. The car hits dominoes
3. Dominoes set off mouse trap
4. Mouse trap pulls a wedge.
5. Wedeg releases the weight
6. The weight hits a clothes pin
7. The close pin release a string attached to a chandelier
8. The chandelier swings and hits the door
9. The door pulls a sting attached to a dowel
10. The dowel releases the sand down the funnel
11. The sand weighs down a cup that tips the teeter totter
12. The teeter totter lifts up on a ramp
13. The ramp knocks over the tower
14. The tower runs into the books
15. The books send a ball down a ramp
16. The ball runs into a piece of wood
17. The wood pulls on the string to set off the mouse trap
18. The mouse trap pulls a string attached to a pin
19. The pin releases the toilet paper roll
20. The toilet paper roll sends the machine into two different directions; First it releases a string attached to a weight
21. The weight pulls on a string attached to a cup
22. The cup empties the cereal into the bowl
23. The toilet paper roll also hits the ramp
24. The ramp knocks over the measuring cups
25. The measuring cups dump the milk onto our cereal
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos