Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Lizzy Cicon - invitation signed.
AUBRIANNA Cicon - invitation signed.
Lacie Wirtz - invitation signed.
Joshua Herman - invitation signed.
Kess Price - invitation signed.
Katie Nelson - invitation signed.
Tiffany CHAREUNSOUK - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Simple MachinesOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
You never fail as long as you keep trying!Why we think we should win:
We tried really hard.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Turn on a lightFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine is called the Sydney Bridge Snap Quackle and Pop! The power of ducks and engineering brings the cereal and milk together!
Our Step List
1. Set golf ball on ramp
2. Golf ball falls/rolls into a cup and triggers a pulley
3. The pulley lifts the rubber ducky
4. Ducky hits the ping pong ball
5. Ping Pong ball rolls down ramp
6. Ping Pong ball hits another golf ball
7. The new golf ball rolls across the model of the Sydney Bridge
8. The golf ball knocks over the cup of milk, which then pours into the bowl
9. The string attached to the top of the milk cup pulls down another pulley
10. The other end of the pulley string is attached to the bottom of a cup holding the cereal. When the string is pulled, it dumps the cereal into the bowl.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos