Hammer A Nail
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
Energy transfersOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Carpe Diem!Why we think we should win:
We completed all the tasks, worked many hours, put in a lot of effort, and had fun!Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Fold a piece of paper or serve a sliced apple.Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Welcome to the Rays of Gold homepage! We believe that we have found the most creative, but maybe not most efficient, way to hammer a nail. It took a whole island to hammer the nail into a sign advertising the island. With help from Rube the monkey and friends, Rays of Gold is a much sought after destination.
Our Step List
1. A tourist taps Rube the monkey.
2. Rube zips down the vine.
3. Rube hits a coconut.
4. The coconut descends down the slide.
5. The coconut lands on the teeter totter.
6. The opposite end of the teeter totter lifts up, which turns on the fan.
7. The fan blows the sailboat across the ocean.
8. The bowsprit on the sailboat taps a domino.
9. The first domino sends the rest toppling down; the last domino knocks a coconut down a mudslide.
10. the coconut falls off the slide and lands on the tiger trap.
11. Tiger trap goes off, pulling the lei.
12. Lei pulls the surfboard out from underneath the ocean.
13. Sand pours out from underneath the ocean.
14. The pail falls down, wile lifting up a tree.
15. The tree whacks the totem pole onto its side.
16. a coconut falls out of the totem pole and onto a mudslide.
17. Rolling down the mudslide, the coconut lands on another tiger trap.
18. The tiger trap snaps and pulls a string.
19. The string was attached to a dowel, and pulls a string.
20. The dowel comes out form underneath the hammer.
21. The hammer swings onto the sign.
22. The nail is driven into the sign, completing it so that tourists will know where they are.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos