Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Friday, March 01, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Giovanni Blasier - invitation signed.
Brennan Halsey - invitation sent
James Moran - invitation sent
carlos seaberry - invitation signed.
joshua satterfield - invitation signed.
Airton Garduno - invitation signed.
Giovanni Blasier - invitation sent
james moran - invitation signed.
Cadin Froemming - invitation signed.
Gaven Fletcher - invitation signed.
Zareona Jackson - invitation signed.
Xavier Vatsana - invitation signed.
Luis Perez - invitation signed.
Alexander Ryckman - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Engineering Design and Development Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
If it can't be fixed with Duck tape, it doesn't need to be in your life. Why we think we should win:
We are creative butterflies. Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Buttering Toast. Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine is going to have multiple systems associated to Mechanics and Engineering. Here at Bay View, we strive to be a STEAM School that builds race cars and robotics, hence our interest in using massive amounts of workshop based tools.
Our Step List
1. A broom knocks over bolts.
2. The bolts knocks down 2 more bolts
3. The last bolt hits a hammer, which cause the hammer to fall and a bag full of bolts to fall.
4. When the bag of bolts fall, a stopper will fall off, causing a marble to roll of a ramp.
5. The marble will then fall into a table full of 23 marbles.
6. A sawblade holding the marbles will fall and trigger the motor to start.
7. A hammer will be held back with a pin, the motor will pull the string with the pin connected. The pin goes through the wood.
8. The Hammer connected to the pin will swing and hit the other hammer causing it to swing and hit the wrench wheel.
9. Wrench wheel will spin forward knocking over an oil can filled with water.
10. Water is catch in a cup, the cup is on top of a weight lever. Once the cup is full of water, it would weight down one end of the lever causing the other end to lift up.
11. The other end of the lever has a row of marbles on it, the row of marbles would roll down knocking over a box cutter.
12. The box cutter would cut a line that is connected to a pulley. The pulley is holding a container of nuts, bolts, and sockets. That container would drop on a lever that is connected to a pulley. The pulley would pull a line connect to a pin. The pin would pull out and a clamp will spring forward.
13. The clamp hits a piece of wood.
14. Wood piece will hit a ball, causing it to roll down a ramp.
15. The ball will land inside a cup.
16. The cup will fall down, will pull a wood piece.
17. Other ball will hit the wood piece that will cause the string that is getting pull to wrap under the ball 4 times.
18. The string will hit some nails causing it to hit a golf ball.
19. The golf ball will knock 2 wood blocks while the other 3 of the blocks up a cinderblock staircase.
20. The top wood block is tied to a string that is a pulley system, which pulls a ramp down.
21. The wheel on the ramp falls down and hits a contraption full of marbles
22. The contraption tips over and pours the marbles into a cup.
23. The cup plunges down pushing the money into the bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos