Our Step List
1. The carnival attendant cuts the string to release the hammer ride.
2. The hammer swings down and pulls the blocking pulley out of the way of the marbles.
3. The marbles roll down the large switchback inclined planes into the small switchback inclined planes.
4. The marbles drop down into the 90 degree "Tunnel of Doom, then
5. Roll down the twisty slide inclined planes.
6. The marbles roll into the bucket which adds weight to the bucket and makes the lever holding the vinegar pivot.
7. The vinegar is poured into the volcano, which has baking soda in it, and the volcano erupts. The reaction flows down a pvc pipe, through a funnel, and into a channel.
8. The channel is filled with "lava" which makes the marbles and some lava flow into a cup at the end of the channel.
9. The added weight makes the top cup push down on the electric button which is fastened between the top and bottom cups.
10. The electric button powers a homemade fan which hits a ball which is waiting at the top of the car ramp.
11. The ball rolls down the car ramp and hits into a block of wood which turns on an electric switch.
12. The switch turns on a rotating blade that cuts a string.
13. The string is wrapped around a pulley and is attached to the umbrella, applying a force which is holding it closed.
14. When the string is cut, the umbrella pops open.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos