Apply A BAND-AID®
Black & Veatch
Saturday, March 04, 2017 Setup Time:
7:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
We are studying construction and problem solving and we learned about force and motion and how much force it might take to do certain things. We also learned about how motion might be changed depending on the incline of our metal for our marble. Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
It's about the Journey, not the destination!Why we think we should win:
We work hard! We spent our time building a machine when we could be at home doing other things. We like to build and we are Center School Districts first ever all girls Robotics team to make it to the championship and compete in another STEM competition. Suggestion for next year's challenge:
It should try to pour something.Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
The Mighty Metal-Marble Marvel!
Our Step List
1. We drew what we wanted to build on paper first.
2. Then we drew on the board we wanted to build it on.
3. Then we picked out what we wanted to build it with.
4. We had the high school kids help us cut the metal.
5. they also helped us paint the boards.
6. We had to try our invention out after each step.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos