Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Charlie Putman Putman - invitation signed.
Colin Suydam - invitation signed.
Travis Zinzer - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We are studying engineering and machinery.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Onward! Upward!Why we think we should win:
Because we have put our heart and souls into this project!Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Next year's task should be to turn on a light switch!Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine is called the Dump Truck. The Dump Truck is made freshly out of landfill. It's a freestanding vertical masterpiece of many different parts! Though The Dump Truck may not look pretty, it works amazing and truly shows that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
Our Step List
1. Car pulls gate open, releasing ball 1.
2. Ball 1 rolls down ramp, hitting block 1.
3. Block 1 falls, releasing ball 2.
4. Ball 2 hits block 2, starting a domino effect.
5. Domino hits Ball 3 knocking it onto a platter.
6. Once Ball 3 is in platter, the weight system pulls up a ramp, releasing ball 4.
7. Ball 4 falls into cup 1. Cup 1 sinks, tugging the floor of cup 2.
8. Big duct tape ball inside of cup 2 rolls down a ramp and hits a gate.
9. Gate slaps ball 5 onto a ramp.
10. Ball 5 rolls onto a ramp, then hits a lever.
11. As lever falls, it tightens a string which drops the floor of a box.
12. The floor drop sends two balls (6 & 7) down a ramp.
13. Balls 6 & 7 fall onto a mill, which begins to turn with the weight of the balls.
14. The turning mill hits a stand with ball 8 on it.
15. Stand with ball 8 falls onto a ramp.
16. Ball 8 rolls down the ramp into a red cup.
17. As the cup falls down, it simultaneously pulls up two barriers on each side.
18. Raised barriers release balls 9 & 10.
19. Balls 9 & 10 roll down separate outward sloping ramps, onto a separate layer of inward sloping ramps.
20. Balls hit cups, pouring milk and cereal through two separate funnels, into a bowl.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos