Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Emerson Fuhrman - invitation signed.
Tatum Scheeler - invitation signed.
Matthew Osborne - invitation sent
Trent Foster - invitation signed.
Myra Fuhrman - invitation signed.
Shannon Crump - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We where learning mechanical engineering, problem solving, transfer of energy, programing, 3D printing, building, and how to work as a team. Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Our team leaders favorite quote is, "I forgot the ice creams sandwiches again...."Why we think we should win:
I think are team should win because we have worked so hard and made this as complex as we could. It took many extra hours to complete and we made sure to add extra detail such as background paint and 3d printed items.
Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Our team thinks that next year's task should be to comb a mustache.
It is a Goonie inspired Rube Goldberg Machine created by the Rube Goldberg Club, Roonies Never Say Die, of Sheridan Junior High School. It incorporates scenes from the classic family movie while trying to use as many different materials and mechanics to accomplish it's simple goal as complicated as possible.
Our Step List
To begin the director calls action, and the clapboard closes and the movie begins......
1. The car drives out of the jail and hits a little bits button.
2. A window swings aside and lets Data out.
3. Data hits the mousetrap pulling the string knocking over picture frames in the atic.
4. A metal teeter totter hits the bottom of a chair, holding a brother, tipping it over.
5. The chair knocks a steel marble down the hill.
6. The steel marble hits a little girl bike that hits another marble.
7. That marble hits a mousetrap waiting at the bottom in the light house, it pulls a string knocking over the water cooler.
8. The water goes down into the fire place, draining into a cup on a scale. That, then tips up the other side of the scale and moves a copper pipe connected to a water fountain up. The pipe also hits a button on the underside of a board.
9. The button makes the 3 rocks fall, the last one falling on Chester Copperpot during his final hour.
10. Another rocks pull a string that pulls Andy's jacket up a well. The bucket has a magnet under it that allows the skeleton key to stay in place.
11. The string pulls up the magnet up causing the skeleton key to fall and swing.
12. The key hits a billiard ball that goes through a log and down a water slide behind a skeleton piano taking 3 racquetballs with it. The billiard ball rolls over a pressure little bit which makes a fan blow the water fall below and for lights to turn on.
13. The three balls fall into a funnel directing them to a scale with "One-Eyed-Willie's share".
14. The scale tilts down pressing a lever .
15. The lever causes the track to slowly bring the pirate ship out of the cave.
16. The tip of the sail on the ship hits a tab on the bottom of a box causing the cereal to fall into the ship completing the task.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos