Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Neil De rosales - invitation signed.
Joshua Huerta - invitation signed.
Sebastian Arimura - invitation signed.
Joy Vallecillo - invitation signed.
Connor Dolan - invitation signed.
Jazmin Calderon - invitation signed.
Sara Torres - invitation signed.
Julian Bustarde - invitation signed.
Alexa Beltran - invitation signed.
August Tietjen - invitation signed.
Marley Meeker - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
What we're studying is physics, simple machines, how to work together, how to make the most of our time, and how to can apply what we're learning to our lives.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
We don't grow when things are easy, we grow when we face challenges. Why we think we should win:
We should win because we worked really hard on our machine(s) and were very dedicated to it after many trials. We also formed friendships over the course of the time given and used teamwork to complete our machine. We learned a lot about building during the time we had. We were able to be creative when solving problems and difficult challenges. Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Knock down a jenga towerFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
The Golden Gate Gadget
The infamous Evil McBadGuy has been sent to Alcatraz once again! Now, Evil wasn’t a bad person. In fact, he was a very good one. So he knew he would have to break out in his craziest escape attempt yet in order to escape this punishment that he knew was unjust.
Our Step List
1. A Golf ball is dropped into the clear tube and hits a trigger
2. Trigger shoots a car forward and the Alcatraz escape begins!
3.Car hits and dislodges 8 ball (billiard)
4. The 8 ball rolls down a ramp (inclined plane) and pushes down lever
5. Lever pulls a string attached to a pulley
6. String lifts cylinder and releases billiard ball down the Golden Gate Bridge
7. Billiard ball hits a popsicle stick wall at the end of the bridge
8. Wall hits platform and causes the die block to fall
9. Die pulley slings golf ball down Pier 39
10.Golf ball rolls down pier, through ferry and down a ramp
11. Golf ball hits dominoes
12. The domino in front of Luther Bur Bank falls on a string attached to the vault and pulls it open
13. The last domino brings down another string, which is attached to a piece under the weights
14. Orange and yellow weights fall, pulling on a string and spinning the carousel
15. Weights fall into bowl and lowers the high end of the lever
16. Lower end of lever is raised and knocks wooden block off of stand
17. Wooden block pulls down cardboard, which releases the helicopter
18. Helicopter flies across the city, over the "Painted Ladies" and hits a car on Lombard Street causing multiple reactions
19. Blue car hits red lever and releases orange car
20. Orange car is caught by a cup and pulley raises block for the black car
21. On the lower level of Lombard Street two other cars are being released and sent down their ramps
22. The last car hits a golf ball
23. Golf ball rolls down the track and hits the 10 million dollar silver coins
24. Coin rolls down the track and drops into The Gold Bear bank!
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos