Pour A Bowl of Cereal
San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
Saturday, November 04, 2017 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Karissa Sanchez - invitation signed.
Eduardo De Rueda - invitation signed.
Ramon Jara - invitation signed.
Evelyn Aguilar - invitation signed.
Alejandra Alvarez - invitation signed.
Ethan Bello - invitation signed.
Alona Cachu - invitation signed.
Our machine is designed to pour a bowl of cereal. We used different types of toys and recycled materials like: marbles, toy cars, balls, cereal boxes, cardboard, duck tape and screws. The machine starts off with height and ramps that are screwed on to plywood. Objects roll down the ramps in a zig zag and into a funnel.
Our Step List
1. The rock gets dropped in the bucket by hand and pulls away the domino
2. The ball is released and rolls down a small ramp to hit the wooden block
3. The wooden block then falls and pushes the car
4. The car rolls down another small ramp and hits the other car
5. The car hits a marble and sets it into a funnel
6. The marble rolls down the funnel and hits some dominoes
7. Dominoes then hit a marble
8. Marble rolls down a pipe insulator and hits a jingle ball
9. Ball rolls down another pipe insulator and hits a tennis ball
10. Tennis ball rolls down trail of markers and bumps into some clothes pins
11. Clothes pins fall over and pull a roll of tape
12. Roll of tape hits a cup of cereal
13. Cup of cereal falls over and gets poured into a bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos