Hammer A Nail
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
Technology EducationOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Work Smarter Not HarderWhy we think we should win:
This is our second year in a row that our 43rd attempt was the one that worked. Coincidence...no way!Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Raise a flagFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our Step List
Rube Goldberg Team 2013: Shakopee Jr High: Team 42
Explanation of Steps
1. Tennis ball drops and rolls down ramp and hits block of wood
2. Wood block shifts forward and hits marble into motion
3. Marble rolls through paper roller coaster
4. Marble hits a washer and it falls and pulls on a crank
5. Crank turns a rack and pinion.
6. Pinion pulls on a string.
7. String opens a plastic egg.
8. Egg releases a marble and it rolls through a second paper roller coaster.
9. Marble triggers a mousetrap.
10. Mousetrap release a loaded-catapult.
11. Catapult launched a projectile into a target.
12. Target tips into a pole that rests on pivot points.
13. Pole pushes a softball.
14. Softball rolls down a ramp into a hammer.
15. Hammer tips into a clothes pin.
16. Clothes pin releases a string attached to a weight.
17. Weight drops into a second clothes pin.
18. Clothes pin releases a second catapult.
19. Catapult launched a projectile into a target.
20. Target hits a sand-weighted tennis ball.
21. Tennis ball rolls down a ramp into a car.
22. Car rolls into a cup.
23. Cup tips over and releases two marbles.
24. Marbles roll into a hockey puck which sits on the edge of a table.
25. Hockey puck falls off table and pulls an upright support with it.
26. Support releases a hammer which falls into a nail.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos