Hammer A Nail
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Mrs. Teri Hudson
What we're studying:
S.T.E.MOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
Albert EinsteinWhy we think we should win:
Why should we win the Rube Goldberg contest? There are many reasons. One, we worked very hard on this machine to finally get it to work. It took a lot of teamwork and effort to make this possible. Two, we are an absolutely fabulous group of kids who hope to do wonderful things, make great achievements, and be recognized for it. Winning this would just be the start. We want to do great things and go great places and winning this might let other people know and want to help us go far. Three, we had so much fun doing this and there’s nothing better than getting awarded for doing something you love and having fun. Finally, we would just love to be noticed for doing something so amazingly cool. These are the many reasons we should win the Rube Goldberg contest, thank you for considering this.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Turn on a TV
Drop a Marble in a Cup
Our Step List
1. The ball runs down the ball run.
2. The ball knocks over the books.
3. The books push the wheel.
4. The wheel crashes into the domino tower.
5. The domino tower pushed the horse activates the marble loop.
6. The marble knocks over the dominos/jenga blocks.
7. The last jenga block is attached to a string of beads that are pulled off the table when the last jenga block falls off.
8. The other end of the beads is attached to another jenga block under a bus. The beads pull out the last jenga block releasing the bus to slide down the zip line.
9. The bus slides down the zip line.
10. The bus knocks over the hammer.
11. The hammer “nails” the nail into the block.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos