Pour A Bowl of Cereal
San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
Saturday, November 04, 2017 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Ethin Cuccia - invitation signed.
Ruben Mena - invitation signed.
Luis Flores - invitation signed.
Pablo Larios - invitation signed.
Rogelio Anaya - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Construction, computer (programming robots), physicsOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
As a kid I think I ate too many Rice Krispies. Now all my body does is snap, crackle, and pop!!
In the spirit of Rube Goldberg, the Snap Crackle Pop team designed and created a machine. This machine is made out of mostly donated items. The team glued, tied, and used various methods to adhere items to the 8'x4' pegboard that makes a lot of SNAPs, CRACKLEs, POPs to get some cereal poured into a bowl.
Our Step List
1. Remote control sends signal to robot.
2. Robot pulls string to move cereal box.
3. Cereal box pours out marble 1.
4. Marble 1 transfers energy to marble 2.
5. Marble 2 transfers energy to domino 1.
6. Domino 1 transfers energy to domino 2.
7. Domino 2 falls down and hit ruler.
8. Ruler flips domino 3 down.
9. Domino 3 pulls the lever and releases marble A.
10. Marble A rolls and hits domino A.
11. Domino A pulls the lever and releases marble B.
12. Marble B rolls and hits domino B.
13. Domino B pulls the lever and releases marble C.
14. Marble C rolls and hits domino C.
15. Domino C pulls the lever and releases marble D.
16. Marble D rolls and hit domino D.
17. Domino D slides down the tunnel.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos