Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Brent Jezioro - invitation signed.
Trevor Linton - invitation signed.
Kole Owen - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We are studying Pre-Engineering at Canadian Valley Technology Center in Yukon, OK.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"There are no wrong turns, only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Devin di Tigana
Why we think we should win:
We have worked really hard in the past few weeks and are really proud of our effort in designing and building this machine. Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Light a candle Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Once mankind has made its way into space and started their new conquest there, they will need a way to make sure all their money is nice and tidy. While doing so, they will also need to convert their Space Bucks (SB) to United States Dollars (USD). This machine is a very accurate portrayal of how the future of space banking will evolve and thrive. You will see up close and personal how carefully your hard earned SB will be treated and converted. User discretion advised. This is a prototype and all lost income or limbs will not be refunded.
Our Step List
1. Space Bucks are inserted into the machine.
2. Space Bucks cause a hammer to fall.
3. Hammer hits Hot Wheels launcher.
4. Hot Wheels car hits dominoes.
5. Dominoes cause spaceship to rise.
6. Spaceship causes ball to roll down the path.
7. Ball 1 causes Ball 2 to fall.
8. Ball 2 hits metal bar.
9. Metal bar pulls another piece of metal from underneath a piece of wood.
10. Wood causes a clacker ball to roll off of a ramp.
11. Clackers clack together.
12. Clacker hits roller coaster cart.
13. Roller coaster cart rolls down and hits a trigger switch.
14. Switch activates pneumatic system.
15. Pneumatics knock wood off of platform.
16. Wood tenses the string allowing a domino on a pulley to slide down.
17. Domino hits another Hot Wheels car.
18. Hot Wheels car rolls down ramp and hits a golf ball tied to a pendulum.
19. Pendulum swings and hits a foam ball.
20. Foam ball falls onto scissors.
21. Scissors cut a string tied to a rubber band rocket.
22. Rocket launches into a button.
23. Button allows the claw to open and drop coin down into piggy bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos