Apply A BAND-AID®
St. Ansgar High School
Monday, February 20, 2017 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
Work, power, simple machines,Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Teamwork is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results."
Our machine tells a story of a kid who asks a girl to prom, only to eventually get his heart broken. When his heart breaks, our machine helps apply a band-aid to his broken heart.
Our Step List
1. Pulls kleenex to release ball. Ball rolls down ramps and falls into cup.
2. Cup pulls on string, which activates a pulley system, which pulls up flowers.
3. When the flowers go up, the stem pushes a box of chocolates over and hits a connects motor.
4. The connects motor winds up a jack-in-the-box.
5. The jack-in-the-box releases a toy car down a ramp.
6. The toy car hits a wheel and axle.
7. The wheel and axle pulls the magnet down.
8. When the magnet is pulled down, it releases a metal ball, which runs down a marble works, hitting a pole.
9. The pole then pulls a string, releasing a pin which triggers a gear to run down a slope, hitting a metal ball.
10. The ball falls into cup at the end of a first class lever shifting the lever down.
11. At the end of the lever there is a tube with another marble. When triggered, the marble then runs down a series of ramps triggering another first class lever.
12. When the marble hits the first class lever, knocking off the counter balance, it releases a ping pong ball to head down a series of ramps.
13. The ping pong ball hits a domino attached to a string releasing the second ping pong ball.
14. The second ping pong ball hits another domino attached to a string releasing the third ping pong ball.
15. The third ping pong ball hits another domino attached to a string releasing the fourth ping pong ball.
16. The fourth ping pong ball hits another domino attached to a string releasing a wooden ball.
17. All five balls roll into a styrofoam cup which releases a poster
18. The weight of the styrofoam also releases the Newton's Cradle.
19. The Newton's Cradle hits the toy train.
20. The toy train hits wooden dominos.
21. The wooden dominos trigger the electrical system, which turns on a hair dryer, music, and lights.
22. The blow dryer knocks down a hair spray can and a wooden domino.
23. The wooden domino hits the double cone that rolls uphill.
24. The double cone hits the magicians hat, which releases the rabbit.
25. The rabbit hits the playing cards.
26. The playing cards trigger the mouse trap, which pulls back a glove attached to a string, releasing a marble.
27. The marble rolls down a ramp and into a funnel.
28. The marble comes out of the funnel and hits a mousetrap that releases a toy car down a roller coaster.
29. The toy car hits a series of DVD dominos.
30. The DVD dominoes hit a lever.
31. The lever releases a tape measurer.
32. The tape measurer pulls the fishing line that pulls the weight off of the block.
33. The weight pulls up the balloon that has baking soda in it which triggers a chemical reaction.
34. The balloon blows up and pushed the ice cream bucket down an incline plane.
35. The ice cream bucket then hits the connects.
36. The connects trigger a mouse trap.
37.The scissors cuts the string releasing the hammer with a broken heart attached.
38. The hammers impact triggers the mouse trap that slaps on the band aid.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos