Turn Off A Light
STEM Forward - WI Regional Machine Contest
Friday, March 06, 2020 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Brock Naidl - invitation signed.
Annemarie Letsch - invitation sent
Peyton Johnson - invitation sent
Sam French - invitation sent
Evan Schuster - invitation signed.
Sophie Wentorf - invitation signed.
Anthony Schiro - invitation signed.
Jordan Tucker - invitation sent
Emily Poisl - invitation sent
Katie Liapis - invitation sent
Kelsey Carrington - invitation sent
Ian Rognerud - invitation signed.
Zach Cotter - invitation signed.
Tray Gillentine - invitation signed.
Anne Howard - invitation signed.
Erin McCauley - invitation signed.
Sami Keilholz - invitation signed.
Taylor Keilholz - invitation signed.
Abby Cook - invitation signed.
Brock Naidl - invitation sent
Annemarie Letsch - invitation signed.
Peyton Johnson - invitation signed.
Sam French - invitation signed.
Evan Schuster - invitation sent
Sophie Wentorf - invitation sent
Anthony Schiro - invitation sent
Jordan Tucker - invitation signed.
Emily Poisl - invitation signed.
Katie Liapis - invitation sent
Kelsey Carrington - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Fist semester, we studied Organic Chemistry. Second semester and the competition, we study Advanced Physics.
Our machine theme is the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. We have a board on one side of the base of the structure, which has lights that will turn off in our final step.
Our Step List
Racine Saint Catherine’s
Rublympics Rube Step List
1. Car drives down ramp and hits ruler
2. Ruler knocks down pole
3. Pole knocks wood splints sending ball down ramps
4. Ball hits switch and sends medium ball
5. Medium ball goes through hole and hits big ball
6. Magnetic force pulls ball and sets off gun
7. Last magnet sets off dominoes
8. Last domino hits balance beam
9. Ping pong ball hits bat
10. Bat hits baseball
11. Baseball hits ball
12. Ball goes down ramp and hits black plank
13. Black plank hits silver weight of block
14. Gold weight dives off pillar shooting rock climber off
15. Hinge hits block, sending arrow down string
16. Arrow hits target
17. Target hits ball through hole going down ramp
18. Ball hits cork
19. Golf club hits vertical dominoes
20. Last domino hits soccer ball sending it up the ramp
21. Soccer ball hits lead ball down ramp
22. Lead ball hits slinky setting off wheel
23. Weight drops in bucket
24. Bucket releases trigger
25. Bullet shoots hitting target
26. Screws pop balloon sending water down tube into cup
27. Lever pulls up hitting diving board
28. Diving board sends skateboard down ramp
29. Skateboard hits ball sending it through handball court
30. Ball hits “push and shove”
31. Karate hand hits switch releasing electromagnet
32. Electromagnet falls on basketball
33. Basketball pushes tennis ball out
34. Tennis ball hits switch turning on fan
35. Fan moves boat
36. Boat hits dominoes
37. Last dominoes sends weight down pulling magnet out
38. Weight pulls magnet out
39. Gutter falls sending car
40. Car hits switch turning lights off
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Verbal Presentation. This is your team’s chance to shine and be creative! We want to hear the story your machine tells, and understand how the steps represent the theme and key elements of your narrative. The Machine Introduction should not be a step-by-step explanation of how the steps work. This is where your personality, humor, and team spirit engages the audience and gets them excited to see your machine.
Our Machine Run Videos