Pour A Bowl of Cereal
St. Ansgar High School
Friday, March 02, 2018 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Jenna Brandt - invitation signed.
Taelyn Jordan - invitation signed.
Mariah Schult - invitation signed.
Kayla Britt - invitation signed.
Vic Delnegro - invitation signed.
Carter Seitsinger - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We have been studying velocity, acceleration, and inertia.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Think like a proton and be positive!Why we think we should win:
We should be the winners because our machine is unique. We all have different skill sets and put them to use in our machine. Our machine has each of our personalities somewhere in it. The boys have used their construction skills to build the board and steps within. The boys also programmed machines that will carryout steps. The girls on our team added unique touches to fit in with the story and make the machine look a little prettier. We have all worked hard on this Rube; each of us has added our touch. The steps were created by all of us working together inside and outside of class.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Tying a shoeFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine is built out of three wood panels that create a tri-fold. It starts of with an alarm clock, just as most people start their day. After that, marbles, dominoes, mouse traps, and mechanical contraptions eventually pour a bowl of cereal. Breakfast is served.
Our Step List
1. The clock is lifted and swings
2. The string attached to the clock pulls a lever
3. Lever lowers the tracks
4. Thomas slides and hits a marble (Shower Curtain)
5. Marble hits 4 dominoes (Toothbrush)
6. Dominoes activate the pulleys (Owl)
7. Pulleys release the car (Clothesline)
8. Car activates a marble (Comb)
9. Marble activates a mouse trap
10. Mouse trap pulls a Jenga block from a ramp
11. Marble rolls down the ramp through the tube that falls on a lever
12. Lever pushes car
13. Car hits soap with a needle in it
14. Needle pops balloon
15. Balloon releases a marble which falls into a cup
16. The cup on a pulley triggers a switch that turns on a conveyor
17. The conveyor belt moves an orange
18. The orange drops on a mouse trap
19. The mousetrap will pull a Jenga block
20. The removing of the Jenga block drops a ramp
21. A ping pong ball rolls down the ramp which hits a domino
22. The domino falls over and hits a marble
23. The marble rolls down a chute and hits a car
24. The car rolls down the racetrack knocking over a tower of Jenga blocks with a mass
25. When the mass falls it pulls a trigger on a dart gun
26. The dart gun releases a bullet that hits a lever
27. The lever drops a marble onto a ramp and it slides done the tube
28. The marble hits a lever
29. The lever lifts up to release a cup connected to a pulley
30. The other side of the pulley slides down to hit another lever
31. The lever hits the limit switch
32. The limit switch triggers a winch that pours the bowl of cereal
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos