Zip A Zipper
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
Simple machines and Work.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
We worked very hard on our machine, we worked well as a team, we stayed on task, and we demonstrate creativity in our use of everyday materials.Why we think we should win:
Put ketchup on a hotdogFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Hello, we are the TASIS Alliance and this is our machine; The Royal Falcon.
Hola, son TASIS Alliance y tenemos un machine´; The Royal Falcon
Our Step List
1. The marble goes down the screw and falls into a cup.
2. The cup falls and the marble hits the dominoes.
3. The dominoes hit the marble which falls into the net.
4. The marble rolls into the wedge which moves.
5. The wedge pushes the cars forward/ apart.
6, The cars push the dominoes which fall.
7. The dominoes hit the tennis ball which falls into the cup attached to the lever.
8. The balls weight activates the lever which displaces the box pile supporting the weights.
9. The weight falls activating the pulley.
10. The pulley pulls up the zip, completing the task.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos