Zip A Zipper
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
Work, Power, and Simple MachinesWhy we think we should win:
We worked very hard, our machine is a good example of a Rube Goldberg Machine, and it is pretty awesome if we do say so ourselves!!!Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Call someone on an old fashioned phone.
Our Step List
1. A member of our team knocks a wooden block in front of a wind up car away.
2.wind up car moves and pulls string 3. string unscrews cap.
4. marble falls out of cap and hits dominoes.
5. dominoes fall and knock down car
6. car rolls down inclined plane
7. needle attached to car pops balloon
8. balloon lets go of string attached to pulley and swing.
9. swing falls and knocks down block and lets go of confetti bag top
10. confetti falls
11. zipper is zipped by weight of block
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos