Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Lakeside Middle School
Friday, March 16, 2018 Setup Time:
9:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Aaliyah Kamalei - invitation signed.
Trinity Rojas - invitation signed.
Taylor Brown - invitation signed.
Tyler Levy - invitation signed.
Giovanni Chiovaro - invitation signed.
Ryan Catarroja - invitation signed.
Marcus Oshiro - invitation signed.
Caden Ng - invitation signed.
Deelan Jariwala - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Simple machines and the Engineering Design Process.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Measure twice, cut once" - Genji, from OverwatchWhy we think we should win:
After meetings full of bickering, we have managed to find our teamwork skills in order to combine our many ideas into an amazingly ridiculous machine. Working on our project for the Rube Goldberg Machine has made us better teammates, and even if we do not emerge victoriously, we are glad we had a chance to have this much fun completing an engineering project together!Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Making a slingshot that can launch a ball.
Our Rube Goldberg Machine embodies the calamity of the mornings, especially for those who are Night Owls. After staying up all night, you can barely get ready for school and even making breakfast is a harrowing task. Luckily, our machine can pour you a bowl of cereal so you can rest a few more minutes.
Our Step List
1. A toothbrush is pulled down by a string connected to a phone
2. A brass ball is released, pulling with it a dowel
3. The dowel releases a tube of toothpaste down a zip line
4. The toothpaste hits a row of toiletries
5. The toiletries hit mouthwash into the gap between tables
6. The weight of the mouthwash pulls a lid, releasing a rubber ball from a cup
7. The ball falls on the lever
8. A ball from Newton's cradle is released
9. The Newton's cradle hits a line of rainbow-colored towers
10. The rainbow towers hit a ball and cause it to roll
11. The ball hits a line of Jenga blocks
12. The Jenga blocks hit a wood block and book down
13. The book hits the cereal down, causing it to pour down a ramp into the bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos