Erase A Chalkboard
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
7th Sound/8th GeneticsOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
"The important thing is not to stop questioning." - Albert EinsteinWhy we think we should win:
We put alot of time and effort even with the little time that we hadSuggestion for next year's challenge:
Tie a knotFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Doing it the warrior way.
Our Step List
Step List for our Park-Themed Machine:
1. A basketball is thrown, transferring the mechanical energy from our team member to kinetic energy in the basketball.
2. The basketball’s energy transfers when it bounces off of the “backboard” (book) and lands in the hoop. The book triggers the other books to fall like dominoes.
3. The books land on and triggers the “seesaw” made of another book resting on a rubber door stop.
4. The seesaw lifts up and hits the car, allowing the car to move down a slide.
5. The car hits a book connected to the swing, causing it the book to fall over, which will activate the next step.
6. The “swing” pulls out from underneath the marbles allowing the “children” (marbles) to fall down the funnel.
7. The marbles go down a series of slides and meet more marbles at the final, metal slide.
8. After they get down the slide they travel through THE TUNNEL OF AWESOMENESS, and hit a rocking horse off of the edge of the table.
9. The rocking horse pulls down the eraser, erasing the board.
10. The eraser pushes over a weight.
11. The weight closes a switch which turns on our lights, revealing our secret message.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos