Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Horizon Christian Academy
Saturday, January 27, 2018 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
ALYSSA MCCURDY - invitation signed.
SAVANNAH PYNCKELS - invitation signed.
KELLER WHITE - invitation signed.
JILLIAN WEST - invitation signed.
DEAN THOMAS - invitation signed.
Olivia Liopiros - invitation signed.
Sydney Young - invitation signed.
Dominque Smith - invitation signed.
Omari Rivers - invitation signed.
Joseph Stinson - invitation signed.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Never let your schooling interfere with your education - Mark TwainWhy we think we should win:
We turned our loss last season into a positive motivational lesson. Our team has a great mix of creativity and ingenuity. We should win for our band's sousaphone player who has sacrificed his instrument bell that we might pour cereal like champions.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
some ideas include... turning the page of a book. Opening a can. Pouring a cup of coffee/teaFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
This machine is a fun and unique way to pour a bowl of cereal that entertains you while you watch it get poured into the bowl. Then, you may eat it! A bonus is... it looks super-duper cool.
Our Step List
1. Ball drops down Plinko board into cup.
2. String releases ball into spiral funnel and drops down to turn on car.
3. Car follows track and triggers que ball launcher.
4. Que ball travels down ramp.
5. Que ball bounces on drum.
6. Que ball hits pedestal with sand bucket on top.
7. Sand bucket swings and turns bike wheel.
8. Pole connected to bike wheel hits the cereal box.
9. Cereal falls through tuba.
10. Cereal then falls through gutter.
11. Cereal goes into bowl.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos