Put Money in a Piggy Bank
San Bernardino County Rube Goldberg Contest (High School Division)
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Blade Cortese - invitation signed.
Andrew Segura - invitation signed.
Matthew Garner - invitation signed.
Braydon Verran - invitation signed.
Matthew Edwards - invitation signed.
Ryan Thomas - invitation signed.
Ryan Thomas - invitation sent
What we're studying:
Advanced ManufacturingOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
if you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got
Two sided machine with energy transfers on both sides. Machine runs from one side to the next with the final step putting currency in the bank.
Our Step List
Start: ball drops down ramp tower
1. ball its lever
2. lever hits ball
3. ball hits car
4. car travels down incline plane
5. car hits pipe elbow
6. pipe elbow hits a series of paddles
7. paddles hit lever
8. lever hits plastic ball
9. plastic ball hits steel ball
10. steel ball travels through tubing
11. ball goes into counter weight
12. counter weight falls to lift basket on the other side
13. basket hits plastic ball
14. plastic ball rolls down series of ramps.
15. ball hits weighted basket with pulleys
16. pulley tips funnel to drop money in the bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos