Hammer A Nail
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Mrs.Ziebarth and Mrs. Scotting
What we're studying:
Rube Goldberg MachinesOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
If you judged a fish on how well it climbed a tree, you'd never see it's true potential.Why we think we should win:
We love doing Rube Goldberg, we worked really hard, and we think that it is a cool machine.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Crack A EggFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Welcome to the world of The Blonds! We have worked so hard on our machine so please take a look at our machine and vote for us. The theme of our machine is "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" Because it uses many different objects and parts, yet, We have not used a kitchen sink. :)
Joseph La Mere
Also, Please Like Us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/theblondsrubegoldberg
Our Step List
1. K’Nex ® rollercoaster car rests on top of track.
2. K’Nex® rollercoaster car is pushed down the track.
3. K’Nex ® rollercoaster car pushes lever.
4. Lever falls down with the marbles that are attached.
5. Marbles fall through funnel.
6. Marbles fall into container.
7. Energy is transferred to other side of pulley.
8. Energy pulls the other container up.
9. Container knocks marble off inclined plane.
10. Marble falls down a series of inclined planes.
11. Marble knocks a rubber band ball.
12. Rubber band ball falls down an inclined plane.
13. Rubber band hits lever.
14. Lever falls down and the pipe is pulled down via string.
15. Pipe’s weight pulls cork out of socket via string.
16. Water flows out of its container.
17. Water flows through a series of tubes.
18. Water accumulates in a container.
19. When the container becomes heavy enough and releases from velcro, it pulls on a string.
20. String pulls the pvc pipe and releases the arm with hammer.
21. Hammer hammers the nail.
22. We Celebrate!!!!
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos