Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Cedar Hill High School
Saturday, February 24, 2018 Setup Time:
9:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Brendon Camp - invitation signed.
Cindy Diaz - invitation signed.
Maria VIlla - invitation signed.
Fernando Torres - invitation signed.
Gerd Jurgens - invitation signed.
Gerd Jurgens - invitation sent
A ship has run ashore and it's crew discovered a buried pirate treasure! The pirates have booby trapped the island and one slip up causes a chain reaction and the treasure to be poured into the abyss forever! The chain reaction starts with a water fall and ends with pouring of the "treasure" (cereal).
Our Step List
1. Water is poured into funnel
2. Water goes through tube, fills cup
3. Full cup pulls down string on pulley
4. String pulls triple beam balance down
5. Triple beam pulls up on different string
6. String pulls on weight
7. Weight falls down, turning disc
8. Disc spins, stick hits lever
9. Lever pulls away from pole
10. Bolt drops, sets off mousetrap
11. Mousetrap triggers, releasing can
12. Can goes down ramp, hits dominoes
13. Dominoes set off mousetrap
14. Mousetrap pulls string
15. String pulls propeller
16. Propeller hits mousetrap
17. Mousetrap triggers, releases cue ball
18. Cue ball rolls into cup
19. Cup drops, pulls string
20. String pulls card
21. Ball rolls down tube, lands in basket
22. Basket pulls ramp
23. Marble rolls down ramp, into funnel
24. Marble hits shelf, rolls down guides
25. Marble hits dominoes
26. Dominoes hit battering ram
27. Battering ram hits can
28. Can falls, pulling down string on pulley
29. String pulls up on rattrap catch
30. Rattrap sets off, launching PVC
31. PVC pulls up on string attached to pulley
32. String pulls down on upside down mousetrap catch
33. Upside down mousetrap sets off
34. Mousetrap hits clothespin
35. Clothespin opens, releasing tape dispenser
36. Tape dispenser unravels/falls, hitting ramp
37. Ramp tilts, cue ball starts falling
38. Cue ball hits end of ramp, pulling down string attached to pulley
39. String pulls up on cereal box
40. Cereal falls out of box as it is pulled up and tilted down
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos