Inflate A Balloon and Pop It!
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
Physical ScienceOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
It's electric!Why we think we should win:
'Cause the 70s rock!Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Welcome! We hope to take you back to the 70s, the home of disco, bell-bottomed pants, and afros...along with the Electric Slide! Although our machine had a few kinks in it, we are proud of our final product. Especially because our whole project fell down one night!
Our Step List
1. Bowling ball rolls down a track.
2. A switch on the track turns on the “Electric Slide” music.
3. Bowling ball hits a golf club.
4. The top of the golf club stops bowling ball.
5. Golf club swings and hits a lever.
6. Lever hits a switch that turns on a motor.
7. Motor pulls on a string, which detaches an alligator clip from the electro magnet.
8. Electro magnet releases the knife. (The electromagnet turns off)
9. Knife falls from the electromagnet and breaks a string holding a disco ball.
10. The disco ball falls and hits a switch.
11. The switch turns on a blender.
12. The blender pulls the golf club backward.
13. Bowling ball continues down the track and into a bucket attached to a pulley.
14. The bucket falls on a meter stick.
15. Meter stick turns on two switches.
16. One switch turns on fan.
17. Second switch turns on the air compressor.
18. The air compressor blows up the balloon.
19. When the balloon gets big enough, the fan pops it.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos