Hammer A Nail
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
International BaccalaureateOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, it's not going to get better, it's just not. by Dr. SeussWhy we think we should win:
We used the task to develop our workshop theme throughout our machine.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Explode a paintball pelletFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our Step List
1. Hammer is pulled back and let go.
2. Hammer hits metal ball.
3. Metal ball hits first block of wood.
4. Each block of wood hits the next like dominoes.
5. Last block of wood hits small Styrofoam piece.
6. Styrofoam piece hits metal ball.
7. Metal ball enters PVC pipe turning 90 degrees.
8. Metal ball exits PVC and rolls across metal flashing.
9. Metal ball hits next metal ball.
10.Metal ball rolls across metal flashing and falls off table into clear vinyl tubing.
11. Metal ball falls through tubing onto a small piece of copper.
12.Copper is pressed onto the two connection points of the switch on the electric razor.
13.Electric razor turns on and cuts string.
14.Cut string goes over wood piece holding up brick.
16.Brick hits nail in wood.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos