Zip A Zipper
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
GeologyOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
The more you know, the more you know!
-Reading RainbowWhy we think we should win:
Because Ronald McDonald said we should winSuggestion for next year's challenge:
To build a boat that will float.
Merry Christmas .
We are a team of eighth graders from Maine who are in a science group at G.S.B community school.
Please watch our videos, look at our pictures, and learn about us.
Vote for the squirrel nut zippers.
Our Step List
Step List from beginning to end
1. Cup keeping hammer elevated is knocked out
2. Hammer handle falls on battery
3. Hammer causes circuits to connect
4. Motor starts and rotates string
5. Rotation of the string pulls the tie which is holding the ball out of place
6. Ball falls down tensing string
7. Tense string causes music box to open
8. Switch on back of music box spins around when box is open
9. Flip and Flyer (throw and catch frisbee) is let go
10. Flip and Flyer hits pile of cups nocking them down
11. Pile of cups cause flipper to fall
12. Flipper pulls skateboard truck down from seesaw
13. Seesaw tips causing softball to roll across peg board
14. Softball hits skateboard truck knocking it off the peg board
15. Seesaw is unbalanced causing softball to roll down peg board
16. Softball hits skateboard truck causing it to fall off peg board
17. Seesaw tips causing softball to roll across peg board
18. Softball hits skateboard truck knocking it off the peg board
19. Seesaw is unbalanced causing softball to roll down peg board
20. Softball hits skateboard truck causing it to fall off peg board
21. Softball rolls across peg board and hits baseball
22. Baseball falls off table when hit
23. Triangular wooden wedge is pulled out from baseball with wire attached to
24. Skateboard rolls down incline plane
25. Small wooden pulley keeps rope from getting loose while tire pulley rotates letting rope move without stopping
26. Rope attached to zipper pulls zipper up when tensed
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos