Pour A Bowl of Cereal
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign: Engineering Open House 2018
Friday, March 09, 2018 Setup Time:
7:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Clayton Young - invitation signed.
Ty Gorman - invitation signed.
Emma Ross - invitation signed.
Jarod Brandenburg - invitation signed.
Jordan Brewer - invitation signed.
Peter Collins - invitation signed.
Jurnee Evans - invitation signed.
Rachel Smith - invitation signed.
Jesse Vail - invitation signed.
Alex Rodriguez - invitation signed.
Our Step List
1.Steel Ball rolls down pipe contraption
2. Ball disrupts standing dominos and they fall
3. Last domino disturbs swing hinged contraption
4. Swing contraption changes cascades dominos
5. Domino fall into spoon windmill
6. Spoon windmill de-energizes mousetrap
7. Mousetrap hits car
8. Car launches
9. Car land and de-energizes another mousetrap
10. Mousetrap disturbs equilibrium of a weight
11. Weight hits ramp
12. Tire rolls down ramp and cascades dominos
13. Domino that knocks over a pipe into a mousetrap and de-energizes mousetrap
14. Mousetrap tugs on a string attached to cardboard
15. The cardboard holds back a steel ball and when the cardboard is disturbed it releases the steel ball.
16. Ball rolls through tower contraption and collides at the bottom.
17. Domino de-energized a mousetrap
18. Mousetrap is attached to a block and pulls out the block
19. The Block holds back a pendulum swings and when it is removes it collides with slide
20. The steel ball resting on the slide rolls rolls down
21. At the end of the slide it enters a tube then drops down a tunnel
22. At the end of a tunnel it falls out and collides with items knocking them into a Rat Trap
23. The Rat trap de-energizes.
24. When the rat trap de-energizes it pulls a weight on a pulley system and falls
25. When the weight falls it raises a shelf where a box of cereal rests
26. The cereal is the box pours out into the bowl below.
27. reset and repeat
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos