Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Black & Veatch
Saturday, March 03, 2018 Setup Time:
7:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Kate Swift - invitation signed.
Porter Rammer - invitation signed.
Noah Biswell - invitation signed.
Tove Krussow - invitation signed.
Hannah Poe - invitation signed.
Mary McCain - invitation signed.
Gretchen Schmierer-Knust - invitation signed.
Haden Witbrod - invitation signed.
Welcome to the WolfMart. Our machine takes you through our crazy, fun, and exciting store. We generally don’t like to make things easy. Through our machine we show you what exactly goes on in this crazy place. So buckle up and enjoy.
Our Step List
Rube Goldberg Steps
1. A marble is dropped down the PVC pipe and rolls down the hot wheel track to knock over the chain of dominoes.
2. Once the dominoes are knocked over they will start to knock over a small, pink bottle.
3. The bottle, which is attached to a string, knocks over another bottle once it falls.
4. The bottle is knocked over to cause the block of wood attached to the string to fall over which will send down the car.
5. The car will fly down the tightrope and activate the plinko board.
6. The plinko board will open the popsicle stick doors which will lead to several marble rolling out of the bottles and down the ramp, avoiding the sticks.
7. The robot is activated and starts to push the block of wood attached to the giant cardboard tube with more of the wood at the top.
8. The wood block will push the baseball down the hot wheel tracks that are positioned like a ramp.
9. The baseball will roll towards and push the can of green beans down the hot wheel track ramp.
10. The can of beans will activate the drum kick. The drum kick will then pop up and knock over the box of cereal that will fall into the blue bowl.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos